Monday, September 15, 2014

Jared Wanzer Party of 1 Book Club - 4

I finished a very powerful devotion, given to me by my mom, Jesus Calling.  The devotion is 365 devotions written as Jesus talking to you.  At the end of each devotion is scripture to go with each daily reading.  This devotion has been one of the best, each day being exactly what I needed to hear.
The book was written and put together by Sarah Young.  I looked forward to each reading & to follow it up with His reading to back it up.

My mom wrote in the front of this book, "Jared this is good, you will be blessed." 

and I was.  If you are looking for a daily devotion I highly recommend Jesus Calling, it will bless you.

A few clips of the devotions that stood out to me directly from Jesus Calling, 

January 11 

'Trust me by relinquishing control into my hands.  Let go, and recognize that I am God.' 

Psalm 46:10; Colossians 4:2; 2 Peter 1:3-4


February 26

'Relax & enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go.'

Deuteronomy 29:29; Psalm 32:8


March 18

'Tomorrow is busy worrying about itself; don't get tangled up in its worry-webs.  Trust Me one day at a time.'

Psalm 84:12; Matthew 6:34


April 10

'Having sacrificed My very Life for you, I can be trusted in every facet of your Life.'
Jeremiah 17:7; Romans 8:28; Psalm 40:2; 1 Peter 2:9


May 6

'Moreover, I will help you sort out what is important and what is not, what needs to be done now and what does not.'

Isaiah 26:3; 2 Corinthians 4:18



June 29

'You gain confidence through knowing that I am with you - that you face nothing alone.'

Psalm 5:3; Psalm 63:1; Philippians 4:13


July 14 

'All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction.'

Psalm 37:23-24; Psalm 16:11


August 4

'Together we will savor the pleasures and endure the difficulties it brings.'

John 14:6; Colossians 4:2


December 21

'Miracles are not always visible to the naked eye, but those who live by faith can see them clearly.  Living by faith, rather than sight, engables you to see My Glory.' 

Psalm 63:2; 2 Corinthians 5:7; John 11:40 


No comments: