Sunday, August 31, 2014

Jared Wanzer Party of 1 Book Club - 2

This weeks book is a New York Times Best Seller,  Is It Just Me? Or is it nuts out there?

This book was written by one of the funniest people and best actresses in my opinion, Whoopi Goldberg.
I have had this book for awhile actually and when I all of a sudden acquired the love of reading, I decided to read a few books off my shelf, my mom gave me this book.

I have always loved movies, celebrities, biographies and real stories.  I am also a straight forward person and I love straight forward honest people & that is this book.

Every chapter is filled with a lot of thoughts put into words that you might think but rarely say OR things you do and don't realize you maybe shouldn't do because well its not enjoyable for everyone else. Either way, I recommend this book, I love that it is just written just like Whoopi is saying what is on her mind, very candid.

A few of my favorite quotes taken directly from the book Is It Just Me?,

"So you've got to pay attention. 'Cause there's a lot of information out there that is sort of semi right but not totally."

"What happens when people get into attack mode is instead of talking with each other, they talk at each other. There is a bit difference."

"When somebody reaches out, what would you regret more, slapping the hand away, or accepting an apology so you can both move on?"

"Forgiveness works two ways when you put it out there."

"This is not Fantasyland. The rules are not going to change because you want them to. Or because you see yourself as an exception."

"Just because they're a bonehead doesn't mean you have to be."

"A smile goes a very long way. It may not help but it goes a very long way."

"It amazes me that people are always surprised when they have driven someone to a breaking point."

"Why do we paint everyone with the same brush? Why does it seem more and more we want people ruined rather than rehabilitated."

"The thing is, life's going to happen and its going to be annoying sometimes. But, hey, at some point, guess what? You're annoying too. So be a human being."

"You need to make noise when something is wrong."

& I will leave you with my favorite quote.






No comments: